Click to download this letter-sized broadsheet Manifesto. Use it to show your support for a revolution in measurement. Send us your pictures of how you’re using it/where you put it, or post pictures on social media and use the hashtag: #BeBarcelonaCompliant
We will retweet/repost/regram our favorites, so stay tuned as we support (and thank) those of you who support Barcelona Principles compliance!
It’s been five years since the Barcelona Principles were adopted.
It’s time that the promise of the Barcelona Principles be fulfilled.
It’s time that the public relations industry got over congratulating itself on their adoption, and became serious about compliance.
It’s time that our industry reap the benefits of Barcelona by actually using the Principles as they were intended.
- Comply with the Barcelona Principles. All 200+ people and organizations that voted to adopt the Barcelona Principles must demand that their boards of directors, leaders teams, clients, and agencies comply with them.
- Pledge to Support the Barcelona Principles. Pledging to support the PR research standards published by The Coalition & The Conclave must be a mandatory requirement for serving on any board or committee of any organization that participated in Barcelona five years ago.
- Award Compliance with the Barcelona Principles. Every awards program must make it clear that submissions will not be accepted if they include AVE or don’t have results tied to objectives.
- Teach Compliance with the Barcelona Principles. Every public relations or communications certification program must require an understanding of and compliance to the Principles. Knowledge of the Principles must be a graduation requirement at any university or college purporting to teach PR.
- Use the Barcelona Principles. The organizations that endorsed the principles in Barcelona five years ago represented some 50,000 people involved in the profession. Every single one of those people and companies must be enlisted in the never-ending process of communicating and using the principles and subsequent standards. ∞
Well done! Marx could have enhanced his manifesto with good PR!