The Barcelona Principles were introduced to the public relations measurement industry at the AMEC Measurement Summit in Barcelona five years ago. As a way to measure our industry’s progress on compliance with these Principles, we thought it would be interesting to see how many of this year’s speakers and sponsors are still offering AVEs. Turns out that:
- 4 out of 15 sponsors still offer AVEs.
- At least 6 of the speakers are from companies that still offer AVEs.
- Even more disappointing is that 32 of the 37 speakers (86 percent) have not pledged to support the Principles and the measurement standards that resulted from them.
The Measurement Mavens: Those who have pledged.
Congratulations and thank you to the four AMEC Measurement Summit speakers who have pledged to support measurement standards:
The Measurement Menaces: Those who have NOT pledged.
The AMEC Measurement Summit speakers that have not pledged to support the standards are listed below. We award them the Scarlet H for Hypocrisy. Particularly of interest are those agencies that have played such a large role in getting publicity for Measurement Week/Month.
- L’Argus de la Presse
- Bright House Networks
- National Cattlemen’s Beef Association
- Cision * also offers AVE
- Cleveland Clinic
- Gorkana * also offers AVE
- HM Government UK
- Impact * also offers AVE
- Isentia * also offers AVE
- Kantar Media News Intelligence * also offers AVE
- Lewis PR
- Moreover Technologies * also offers AVE
- Newton Media
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Ogilvy PR * also offers AVE of social media
- PR News Russia
- Skanska AB
- Social Eyez
- The Swedish Institute
- United Minds
- UT Sydney
- Weber Shandwick
We’ll be measuring the impact of of this article by keeping track of the number of Menaces who either pledge or no longer offer AVEs. Stay tuned for updates. ∞
Thanks to Experimental Typography for raw material for the illustration.
The diversity of thought is such an ugly concept. How dare these companies to approach PR from an individualistic approach. Don’t they understand the beauty of conformity and the ability then to enhance competitive advantage? I applaud your efforts to ridicule and shame these companies.