Happy July to you! Here’s a new round of “Got 5 Minutes? Here are 5 Links to Check Out” :
1) “The Tyranny of Messaging and Notifications” by Walt Mossberg
An article about “messaging overload” and what we can do about it. Read More.
Why you should read it: It contains awesome advice about managing this “tyranny.”
2) “16 Reasons AVEs Do Not Measure the Value of PR” by Richard Bagnall
An article that outlines specific reasons AVEs should be abandoned when measuring PR. Read More.
Why you should read it: It’s educational and a nice article to share with someone who condones/uses AVEs.
3) “Should You Use Hashtags on Facebook? Here’s What the Research Says” by Andrew Hutchinson
An article that explore the hashtag’s evolution and what it means for social media marketing. Read More.
Why you should read it: It might inspire you to conduct your own “hashtag effectiveness” testing.
4) “What Does the Rise of Bing Mean to the PR Industry—and Can It Really Beat Google?” by Matthew Crehan
An article about Bing and it’s ability to assist your “organic search results and conversions.” Read More.
Why you should read it: It challenges the notion of Bing being an underdog.
5) “Stop Using Google Trends” by Danny Page
An article that uses info about Google Trends to highlight the importance of context. Read More.
Why you should read it: It provides great perspective.
What about the other rounds of links we gathered for you? Here you go:
I really enjoyed Walt Mossberg’s post. Thanks! It’s a reminder that our employees have so much to content – so much noise coming at them. It behooves us to pay close attention to what works and what’s less effective in what contexts.
Yes, so true! Glad you thoroughly enjoyed it Judith!