[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Here’s a little advice that CEOs and Communications Pros who advise them need to hear if they want to survive this COVID-19 crisis :
- Stop sending out vacuous emails saying you care. Just because we’re working from home, doesn’t mean we have time to waste reading your dumb emails.
- Stop trying to sell me stuff. I’m too worried about my friends and family and keeping myself safe to give a damn about your 30% off sale
- Move those marketing dollars to Corporate Benevolence — Do something to help the people who have no paychecks because of COVID-19 shutdowns. These people have children to feed, student loans to payoff and parents to care for and they now have $0 income. We all know someone in those straights and we’ll think better of you if you try a little empathy and corporate benevolence.
- If #3 isn’t to your taste, how about doing something for health care workers, first responders and retail folks that are putting their own lives at risk to help out during this pandemic.
- For the PR folks out there – -do something nice for all the reporters out there that are keeping you informed, frequently at great personal risk.