QUESTIONS ABOUT LOGISTICS
How can I get to Durham, NH?
- There are three airports within an hour of Shankhassick Farm. Listed in order of proximity they are:
- Manchester-Boston Regional Airport (45 minutes)
- Portland International Jetport (65 minutes)
- Boston Logan (75-90 minutes) you can take the C& J bus that will pick you up and bring you to Portsmouth or Dover. We can pick you up at either of those bus stations.
- You can also take a train directly from Boston to Durham.
- All major rental car companies have offices in the area.
- There is also a first class bus that travels daily from New York City to Portsmouth.
Which nearby hotels do you recommend?
The 4 closest hotels are:
However, if you want to stay in Portsmouth (which has more going on than Durham), then try:
- The Wentworth by the Sea (Marriott)
- The Hotel Portsmouth
- Ale House Inn
- Hilton Garden Inn
- The Residence Inn (Marriott)
What should I wear?
- Whatever you are most comfortable and most creative in. When you arrive, we encourage you to walk down to the river, or say hi to the chickens, so heels and freshly polished shoes are not recommended.
What are some fun activities I can do in the area?
- Downtown Portsmouth offers great shopping, as do the outlets nearby in Kittery, ME.
- Though small, NH does boast 18 miles of coast line and a number of beaches. Spend the day at one of NH’s beaches and hit up some of the fabulous seafood along Route 1. Tour Portsmouth Harbor and nearby Isles of Shoals with the Isles of Shoals Steamship Company
- If you’re interested in hiking, Mt. Major is an hour north in Alton, NH and offers beautiful views of Lake Winnipesaukee from the top.
- Click here to see more of Katie’s favorite things to do in area.
Which nearby restaurants do you recommend?
Fun fact: the Seacoast Region of New Hampshire has more great restaurants per capita than almost any other area in New England. Depending on the area, here’s what we recommend:
- Portsmouth, NH
- Jumpin’ Jay’s Fish Cafe
- Friendly Toast (eclectic decorations, good & casual spot to eat)
- Flatbread Pizza Company
- Street (wonderful food from around the world)
- Lexi’s Place (best burger in town)
- Surf (nicest seafood restaurant in the area and great sushi)
- Kittery, ME
- Loco Coco’s Tacos
- Anneke Jans
- Dover, NH
- Blue Latitudes
- Brick House
- La Festa Brick and Brew Pizza
- Newick’s Lobster House (where the media all go during Primary season)
- Durham, NH
- Three Chimney’s Inn—Ffrost Sawyer Tavern
- Pauly’s Pocket
- Thai Smile
- Newmarket, NH
- Riverworks (open late)
- Lamprey River Tavern
- Big Bean Breakfast Café (best breakfast in the area)
QUESTIONS ABOUT REGISTRATION
How do I register?
You can register online by clicking here.
What kind of payments do you accept?
We accept credit and debit card payments. All payments are processed via an online, secure system.
I work for a nonprofit, do you offer a nonprofit discount?
Yes, we do offer a special rate for nonprofits. To receive the discount code, please email Erinn Larson (firstname.lastname@example.org) before submitting your payment. The nonprofit discount code is only good on new registrations, it cannot be applied after a payment is processed.
I registered and paid online, but I cannot attend anymore. What are my options?
For no additional charge, you may substitute another person in your place. If substituting someone in your place, please send the information to email@example.com.