On behalf of our brain cells to your brain cells, here’s a new round of “Got 5 Minutes? Here are 5 Links to Check Out” :
1) 25 Need-to-Know Terms for Content Marketing by McLean Robbins
An article that clarifies the definitions of frequently used terms. Read More.
Why you should read it: Because properly using terms is satisfying and an easy way to impress people.
2) Snapchat, Bitmoji, and the Future of Visual Communication by Lucy Hitz
This article describes a recent acquisition that will give Snapchat another leg up in the social media realm. Read More.
Why you should read it: It does a nice job of quickly describing Snapchat in case you’ve never used the app.
3) 10 Things Our Grandparents Can Teach Us About Social Media by Rhonda Bavaro
An article that focuses on how we can all be more “polite, kind, and gracious” on social media. Read More.
Why you should read it: “…in our rush to scroll through our feed we forget the reason we logged on in the first place – to connect – to each other.”
4) Does the ‘Like’ Mean Anything Anymore? by Kari Paul
This article touches on the history and evolution of the ‘like” button along with examples of people thirsty for engagement. Read More.
Why you should read it: Bob Garfield & Doug Levy (authors of Can’t Buy Me Like) predicted this, plus Katie has been saying that ‘likes’ don’t matter for years.
5) What if Internal Communicators Thought Like Marketers? by Sharon McIntosh
An article that discusses the importance of employees as influential brand ambassadors. Read More.
Why you should read it: Sharon McIntosh offers an interesting perspective on internal communications.
What about the other rounds of links we handpicked picked for you? Here you go: