Happy Spring! Here’s a new round of “Got 5 Minutes? Here are 5 Links to Check Out”
1) “Measurement/Schmeasurement,” by Sam Knowles, Managing Director, Insight Agents.
If the industry doesn’t step up to the plate and actually enforce the standards it has established. It is doomed. Read More
Why you should read it: If you don’t pay attention to this issue, you too could be obsolete.
2) “The ad fraud issue could be more than twice as big as first thought — advertisers stand to lose $16.4 billion to it this year, by Lara O’Reilly, Business Insider.
It turns out that SpamBots and Fake News are costing advertisers billions in fraudulent click charges. Another crack in the “impression” wall. Read More
Why you should read it: You don’t want to be on the losing end of fraudulent advertising.
3) “Influencers are PR’s biggest challenge,” by By Allison Gosman, Marketinsight
Fascinating results of the latest PRNews/Nasdaq research on PR’s biggest challenges. The good news is that most people are measuring. The bad news is that 18% don’t have a measurement strategy. Read More
Why you should read it: Influence marketing may be PR’s last viable stand, but we need to act quickly.
4) “Digital Advertising Rewards Fake News” by Jessica Davies, The Guardian
Increasingly advertisers are under pressure for contributing to the clickbait that fuels Fake News Read More
Why you should read it: The wheels turn slowly, but they do eventually turn.
5) “Tear Down These Walls: ANA Calls for Audits at Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Pinterest,” by Garett Sloane, Ad Age
It’s a major step for standards: One of the largest industry associations is calling for all social platforms to be audited by the Media Ratings Council. Read More
Why you should read it: You need to care about standards, especially these, because it will impact marketing for the foreseeable future.